Re: advice

Subject: Re: advice
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 12:10:55 U

RE>>advice 8/8/96

Salaries in the Silicon Valley area were summarized in a report published by
the Silicon Valley chapter of the STC last year, I believe. But salaries here
are very high compared to the rest of the country. I think you need to think
geographically. Salary ranges will defintely vary between Silicon Valley and
some town in the midwest where tech writers are viewed as glorified
secretaries. Find an STC chapter in your area, or in the area you want to
live in, and talk to some members or see if they have compiled some sort of
survey. Or call recruiters in the area. They know salary info well.

--------------------------------------
Date: 8/8/96 12:05
To: Tony Rocco
From: Brad Connatser
In article <32095773 -dot- 1CF8 -at- mail -dot- utexas -dot- edu>, susan snyder
<sesnyder -at- mail -dot- utexas -dot- edu> wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm thinking about technical writing as a potential career, and I'm
> looking for some information about tech writing salaries. If anyone
> could suggest good references on salary ranges for both hourly and annual
> pay scales, please e-mail me at sesnyder -at- mail -dot- utexas -dot- edu -dot-

> Thanks!
> Susan

The Society for Technical Communication put out a salary survey last year.
The email for STC is:

stc -at- tmn -dot- com

Brad

--