FW: Multilevelled Lists in Word 7

Subject: FW: Multilevelled Lists in Word 7
From: Michael Little <Little -at- SIEMENS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:43:00 PDT

Hello,
I am sending this on behalf of some one who is not on this list sertver.
I was wondering if anyone has an answer for this.

----------
From: Sue Fisher
Subject: Multilevelled Lists in Word 7

I have created a style that is left indented to 2.5cm. Sometimes when I
am using this style I need to create a 4 tier multilevel list with the
1st level starting at 2.5cm, the 2nd starting at 3cm, the 3rd starting at
3.5cm and the 4th starting at 4cm. I also need to be able to use the
increase and decrease indent buttons to change to the different levels as
needed.

What actually happens is that the multilevel seems to default to the left
margin setting and the multilevel level closest to the indent of 2.5cm is
the one that comes up. Once you set the multilevel, you can then get
into the Format - Paragraph - and change the left indent (2.5cm for 1st
level, 3cm for 2nd level, etc.) but as soon as you use the decrease
indent button the multilevel goes back to the default for Word.

I cannot change the margin to be set at Left: 5cm for the document as I
use the margin at 2.49cm for other things. I know I can set a section
break, change the margin to Left: 5cm, do the multilevel list the way I
want, set another section break and then change the margin back again to
Left: 2.49cm, but this is a bit tedious and I am wanting a quick option.

Please send any comments to Sue Fisher at Siemens Research, my E-mail
address is Sue -dot- Fisher -at- siemens -dot- com -dot- au