FrameMaker problem: superscript in table cells

Subject: FrameMaker problem: superscript in table cells
From: Tom Gillen <gillen -at- ACSES12 -dot- EGLIN -dot- AF -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:51:46 -0500

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. (I would have posted this on comp.text.frame, but our news feed has been down for, oh, a million years.)

The problem (in Frame 5 for Unix, Sun/Solaris):

In a simple two-column, three-row table, I have one cell (Column #1, Row #3) that has a superscript with the default size/offset of 80%/40%. Unfortunately, the text in the adjacent cell (Column #2, Row #3) appears to float above the baseline of Row #3.

Obviously, the superscript is (slightly) increasing the space between Column #1's Rows 2 and 3. The text and spacing in Column #2 remain consistent; thus, Row #3 becomes out of whack.

I wouldn't be so obvious if my text was not composed of decimals carried to the twentieth-or-so place. So, these long lines (without ruling or shading) appear quite wonky.

I can't reduce the superscript size/offset anymore, and I can't rule or shade the table.

Frame Tech Support was stumped, too, and I believe I've tried everything.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Tom Gillen, former lurker.