input(s)

Subject: input(s)
From: DAVID IBBETSON <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:19:35 -0400

If I was told that a system had "3 inputs and 17 outputs" I would understand
that there were three ways (contact closures, temperature readings, etc) of
getting data into the system and 17 ways (contact closures, thermostats
adjusted, etc) of giving commands to the real world.

I'd call all that comes in "input" and all that goes out "output". To me the
words are invariable in this sense.

David (the mechanical idiot) Ibbetson

David Ibbetson ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com
133 Wilton St, #506, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5A 4A4
Phone (416) 363-6692 Fax (416) 363-4987

Fiat justitia et pereat mundus (Let justice be done, though the world
perish) -- Motto of Ferdinand I (1503-64), Holy Roman Emperor from 1558