Recurring topics

Subject: Recurring topics
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:52:11 -0500

> I'm forwarding this is a message for a friend:

> In some documentation I'm doing (aimed at librarians), I referred to
> the
> octothorp (#). My boss loves the word, but never heard it before, and

Oh god, not the octothorp discussion again. I beg of you, search the
archives for help on this (we do have archives, don't we?). While you're
at it, look for the following:

- midnight/noon: 12 AM or 12 PM?
- passive voice: friend or foe?
- certification: godsend for the profession or curse from the devil?

Those are some of my favorite recurring topics. Have I left anything
out? Personally, I think it's time for another heated debate on sexist
language. Any takers?

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation svictor -at- compassnet -dot- com