document control

Subject: document control
From: Ed Glennon <ed -at- SJ -dot- PTC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 17:24:35 -0700

I'm trying to figure out if our group should use a document control
product, so that writers have to check files in and out, and we can
maintain different versions of the same file.

So I have these questions:

1. What are the pros and cons of using document control software?

2. What products are available that might be worth checking out?

Any information you have would be helpful. Thanks.

Ed Glennon
Parametric Technology Corp.
MECHANICA Division
San Jose, CA