TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Reminder: Posting Guidelines. Please Read From:"Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM> Date:Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:26:05 PDT
GUIDELINES FOR POSTING MESSAGES
WHAT TO POST
* If it is about technical communication and of general
interest, post it.
* If it is about technical communication and original and
humorous, post it.
WHAT NOT TO POST
* If it doesn't relate to technical communication,
don't post it.
* If it is a personal message to a single subscriber,
don't post it. Even if mail to that person bounces.
* If you aren't sure, don't post it.
* If it relates to language use but not technical
communication, it probably isn't appropriate.
Don't post it.
* If it continues an irrelevant thread in any way
(rebuttal, rebuke, rerun, revision, remark), don't
* If it is something cute, interesting, or funny that
you found on the Internet (e.g. Dr. Seuss on Tech
Writing, origin of spam), don't post it. I assure
you that most readers have seen it already.
* Please make sure your E-mail address is included in
the body of the message you post to the list.
* Please don't inflict LONG ads disguised as signatures
on the rest of us. Trust me, they're not effective at
anything except making you look silly.
* Please don't quote extensively/excessively from other
messages. Just include enough to provide context.
* This list is international. Please don't flame anyone
for using British spelling or conventions.
* Direct all commentary about this message to my
address, not the list.
Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
TECHWR-L List Information
To send a message about technical communication to 2500+ list readers,
E-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send administrative commands
ALL other questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray, at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-