Re: like as a conjunction

Subject: Re: like as a conjunction
From: DAVID IBBETSON <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:25:26 -0400

David Demyan writes
>Folks, I like my daughter's use of the word "like": "She goes, like, I was
>over at the mall, like, when Jennifer goes...." ;-)

David, please interpret your daughter's remarks to this 62-year-old David.

David (the idiot who likes chocolate, but thinks it's coloured like s--t)
Ibbetson

David Ibbetson ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com
133 Wilton St, #506, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5A 4A4
Phone (416) 363-6692 Fax (416) 363-4987

The King to Oxford sent a troop of horse,
For Tories own no argument but force:
With equal skill to Cambridge books he sent
For Whigs admit no force but argument.
-- Sir William Browne 1692-1724 (In England's Civil War the King held Oxford
and Parliament held Cambridge)