Use Case references

Subject: Use Case references
From: Michael Collier <michacol -at- SBSERVICES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:26:06 -0400

Do any of you who have worked on software development projects have any
ideas on numbering conventions for use cases and other artifacts*?

In the scheme I'm developing, an Order use case would be numbered
ORuc01; its corresponding interaction graph would be numbered ORig01,
etc. These numbers are for cataloging purposes; in common usage, in
response to an inquiry the inquirer would be advised, "well, in the order
subsystem, there's a use case having to do with..."

If you've had to do this, please contact me so we can compare notes.

Michael Collier
michacol -at- sbservices -dot- com
SOFTBANK Services Group
Buffalo, NY