Re: Bizarre verbs

Subject: Re: Bizarre verbs
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:53:00 MST

----------
Arlen Walker wrote:

I just ran across the verb "architecting" three times in this morning
mail.
My stomach *still* hasn't settled back down. (Out of consideration for
your
sensibilities, I left it out of the subject line.)
Can anyone offer a logical reason why this atrocity has been created?
Architects have been in business for centuries, and never felt that
"designing" was insufficient for their needs. Why do non-architects feel
the need to perpetrate something so hideous?
<<

Maybe for the same reasons that some documents are now "desktop
published" instead of designed. "Design" has become too generic for some,
it seems. People want verbs that describe the technology involved in
performing the action - the action alone isn't descriptive enough!

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil