Re: Cross-platform on-line documentation

Subject: Re: Cross-platform on-line documentation
From: Tiffany Crotogino Munoz <Crotogino-Munoz_Tiffany/CORP_LABS -at- CST -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 09:05:07 -0400

I have converted Windows help (produced with
RoboHELP) to Mac help: it was *not* an enjoyable
experience. Unfortunately I came to the project
after it had already been started (Word 6 +
RoboHELP), and certain things had not been
thoroughly investigated beforehand. For example,
to compile a Mac-compatible version, the .RTF
file needed to be produced by Word 2! Things
only got worse from there (missing templates,
stalling compilers, etc.).

It can be done this way, but I wouldn't do it
unless it were really necessary.

FWIW,

Tiffany Crotogino Munoz
Technical Writer
CS&T
Montreal, QC Canada
tiffany -at- cst -dot- ca

My opinions are mine, not the company's. If they
want to share them, that's fine. If they don't,
that's fine, too.