Re: Converting .RTF files to OS/2 Warp

Subject: Re: Converting .RTF files to OS/2 Warp
From: Michael Priestley <mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:18:40 EDT

Michal Berman(Michal -at- telaviv -dot- ddddf -dot- com) wrote:

>We have to transfer online help files for our products on the Windows
>platform to OS/2 Warp format. (We use Robohelp to create the help files but
>as far as I can ascertain they do not have an OS/2 Warp version.)

>1. Is the IPF Tag language format for OS/2 the same format for OS/2 Warp, or
>does OS/2 Warp use a different format?

The same format. There are some new tags with the Warp level of the format,
and a new compiler, but there's full back compatibility (2.1 IPF compiles
with 3.0 compiler, 2.1 INF is viewable with 3.0 viewer).

>2. Does anyone know of any programs/tools/software that will "automate" (as
>much as possible) the conversion from .RTF (Windows) to the OS/2 Warp
>format?

Your best choice (last I checked) is the Smart conversion tool from One Up
software. I will send you a summary I put together a while back (I asked
this same question about a year ago, so my information may now be out of date).

Hope this helps,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.