The Man Who Mistook Info Mapping for Noodles

Subject: The Man Who Mistook Info Mapping for Noodles
From: Jim Morgan <jlmorgan -at- SENDERO -dot- FISERV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 11:12:12 -0700

David Ibbetson wrote:

>Please no capital C in "chunking in Information Mapping". If it occurs at
>the beginning of a sentence reword it. I keep grinding to a halt and
>thinking of the Chinese town which is doubtless called something else since
>Giles-Wade went out of fashion.

Thank you for this subtle way of calling to our attention the similarity in
spelling between "Chungking" and "chunking." We laughed and laughed.

However, as I'm sure you've already noticed, "chunking" more closely
resembles an American brand name.

And I, for one, won't be performing heroic rewrites to prevent someone's
confusing a documentation principle with a can of chow mein.

Sorry. %^/

Ace Editer