Re: Let us test

Subject: Re: Let us test
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 15:37:26 +0000

Eric:
> That quibble aside, Wolf explained that it was a test for
> a technical writer, therefore he should have specified
> no pictures.

> In a test for a technical COMMUNICATOR, the applicant
> should be able to apply the tools to the need.

This reminds me of a "technical writing" seminar we had when I was
still a college student, working part-time in an MIS dept. We were
given the assignment to write instructions, using words only, on how
to tie a necktie. A few people were interested in what I would come up
with, since they knew I was a tech writing major, but I said it was a
pointless exercise because a *good* technical writer would use
illustrations for this particular task. Well, I said it nicer than
that. But even if I'm not an artist, I know where art is needed and
what the art should show.

Tracy