Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Sep 1996 to 6 Sep 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Sep 1996 to 6 Sep 1996
From: "Elaine R. Firestone" <elaine -at- CALVAL -dot- GSFC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 14:15:12 -0500

>I have a question that was sparked by all this reference to colors of ink.
>Does everyone edit hard copy only or do some of you edit online?

>Karen Wiley
>Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
>karen_wiley -at- jhuapl -dot- edu

Hi all. This is my first posting on techwr-l so I'll introduce myself.
I'm Elaine Firestone and work for a contractor as a senior technical editor
at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (Hi Geoff Hart and David Ibbettson
and all my other friends from copyediting-l!).

This post of Karen's led me to come out of lurk mode. BTW, I edit
primarily on hard copy in neon pink ink for all the reasons that someone
else (sorry, I don't remember who posted it) edits in purple. My reasons
for editing hard copy are many:

1. Mistakes "pop up" at me easier on hard copy;
2. It's portable, unlike a computer; and
3. Once the document is typeset (I do that, too) it is easier to see both
editing and typesetting glitches in hard copy.

FWIW. My $0.02.

Elaine

Elaine R. Firestone, AESE Voice: (301) 286-4553
Senior Technical Editor Fax: (301) 286-1775
Records&Information Manager Net: elaine -at- calval -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov
NASA/GSFC/GSC/Code 970.2 elaine -at- seawifs -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov
Bldg. 28, Rm. W128
Greenbelt, MD 20771 "I'm not trying to change the world...
USA just make it more readable."
--E.R. Firestone

SeaWiFS Home Page: http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEAWIFS.html