[TW] RE>Usability of tabbed

Subject: [TW] RE>Usability of tabbed
From: Tom Neuburger <Tom_Neuburger -at- LTX-TR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 12:04:00 U

Reply to: [TW] RE>Usability of tabbed dialogs

Catherine,

Re your question:

. . . One thing he is thinking of doing is, instead of
having one Options command with a huge number of tabs, having
several Options commands (e.g. Tool Options, View Options, and
so on), each with a smaller number of tabs. Seems to me that
would be somewhat more usable. What do you think?

I'd like that better. The Netscape Options menu scheme is a handy
way to give easy access to the major settings chunks. I find
myself liking it--both visually and functionally--every time I use it.

FWIW,

Tom Neuburger