Re: Converting Framemaker to Interleaf or Worldview

Subject: Re: Converting Framemaker to Interleaf or Worldview
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 06:33:00 PDT

>We have a set of documents in Framemaker which the client has asked for
>in either Interleaf or Worldview format. Does anyone know if how to
>convert Framemaker to Interleaf or Worldview? Is it possible? Any help
>gratefully received!

Interleaf has a Frame import filter, but I have never used it. They
also have a product call Avalanche which is supposed to do a better
job than their original filter, but which is pretty expensive. Blueberry
Software in California has a filter called Filtrix which mostly works.

No conversion software is perfect. I do quite a bit of conversion for
my clients, and it tends to involve preliminary altering of the source
document, then pre-filter filtering, filtering, post-filter filtering,
and then manual cleanup. Fortunately, by going from Frame to Interleaf
you are going from a midrange product to a high-end prodcut, which makes
things simpler. Conversion in the other direction is more difficult.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-