Re: List of Good TW Schools (and intro)

Subject: Re: List of Good TW Schools (and intro)
From: Laura J Valentine <fiend+ -at- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:26:00 -0400

Excerpts from tech: 12-Sep-96 List of Good TW Schools by Joanne
Kegel -at- SMTPGATE -dot- TA
> pursue an advanced degree in technical communications. So *many* colleges
> and universities offer certification programs, but many do not seem to feel
> that a B.S./B.A. or M.A./M.S. degree is needed.

I just subscribed (well, Tuesday) and I just thought I'd mention:
Carnegie Mellon has the oldest degree-granting tech writing program in
the country. I am a junior going for my B.S in Tech Writing there. So
far, I'm doing mainly web design and computer support documents
(mmm...two jobs and full time studenthood...just what I need), and I've
rewritten/edited a manual for my boss. It was originally written by a
journalism student and edited by an Information Systems grad, and it was
*nasty*. Nothing against them--the IS grad was a really cool guy--but
no sense of clear communication.

--laura

-<+>- fiend+ -at- cmu -dot- edu -=-=- http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~jacquez/ -<+>-
Cthulhu is the Patron Saint of Pittsburgh... -=- "Each of us, at some time in
our lives, turns to someone, a father, a brother, a God and asks, 'Why am I
here? What was I meant to be?'" --Spock -=- Alpha Phi Omega, Kappa Chapter.

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-