Re: future webhead

Subject: Re: future webhead
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:27:05 GMT

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:56:58 EST, Matthew Epstein wrote:

> My boss just gave me "an opportunity to excel" --

> I was volunteered to join the team to develop the national web page
> under the FAA Home Page for my division, Aircraft Certification
> Service.

> I know absolutely nothing about web page design. I don't believe I'll
> be providing anything format-wise, just content.

> Any suggested reading I can do to get prepared? The team starts
> meeting in DC next month.

Run, don't walk, run to the nearest bookstore and get a copy of William
Horton's book, "The Web Page Design Cookbook". If you can swing it, get
them to send you to one of his web design courses -- I just went to one and
it was excellent.

There is a link to his web page on the Online page of my Internet
Resources for Technical Communicators site, if you want more information
about the book or his courses.

I can recommend both highly.

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- djttd -dot- com --
Technical Writer, Technical Development, Dow Jones Telerate Canada Inc.
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein

Searchable archives located at
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-