book binding

Subject: book binding
From: Della Stein <Della_Stein -at- INS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 09:30:38 -0700

I've been lurking on this list for about a while now. It's finally time to
take the plunge. ;-)

I'm planning for the next release of our documentation set. We print our
user's manual in 4 colors. This is very expensive: about $20 per book. For
our next release, we plan to put the book in a 3-ring binder instead of
using other types of binding methods. The idea here is to update specific
pages or chapters instead of reprinting the entire manual. Have any of you
used this method of binding/updating for your doc. sets? What's your
experience? Do users insert the new pages or do the pages get lost?

Please respond directly to me. My email address is Della_Stein -at- ins -dot- com -dot-

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.
Della

Della Stein
Senior Technical Writer
International Network Services
della_stein -at- ins -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-