Re: Never had to index

Subject: Re: Never had to index
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:26:29 -0700

At 01:32 PM 9/13/96 EDT, Kim L. Shaw wrote:

>BTW, I was surprised to hear a couple of people say they dislike indexing. Is
>that true for others? Indexing is one of my favorite jobs -- I find it
>relaxing. (I could be weird.) How do most of you index -- online or manually?

Me... Me... It's true for me. I maintain that if our users knew how
much I hate to index, they would never expect to find one in our
manuals. (Then again, if they new how much our developers liked to
write, they'd never expect manuals at all.)

Nevertheless, I give it my best shot.

Worked my buns off, submitted my *best* index to Lori Lathrop at a
seminar. Lori said, "good start, Sue"! <hrmuph>

Idunno. I guess I just have the attention span of a gerbil on speed. ;-)
I can't keep focused long enough to be *really* thorough. And if I do
it on paper first, I feel like I have to do it twice, so I start
electronically.

Indexing is a skill I look for when I'm hiring. ;-)

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-