widows and orphans

Subject: widows and orphans
From: Thom Remington <remingtf -at- ENGG-MAIL -dot- LVS -dot- DUPONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:29:16 -0400

As I understand it, widows and orphans are single lines of text stranded
across page breaks. They have nothing to do with final lines of paragraphs
with single words.

I can never remember if a single line at the end of the page is an orphan
and the single line at the top of a page is the widow or vice-versa, but I'm
virtually certain that both involve page breaks.

Thom Remington
DuPont External Affairs Information Design and Development
Untrained but very active musician (singer, tubist, and guitarist)

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-