Re: Silly tests?

Subject: Re: Silly tests?
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:29:05 -0800

>You wrote:

>"When she presented this task to the class,
> everyone initially took Stephen Victor's attitude: what the
> fuck does this have to do with technical writing, and why
> are you insulting my intelligence with this? (This attitude
> is less forgivable for a student, but still surprising for..."

>I found the language in your post offensive and did not read past the
>vulgar language.

>I personally would appreciate it if you would refrain from using vulgar
>language in your communications. We are writers and I think that more
>creative words are available in our vocabularies.\

>Robin

I have to agree with Robin. I really don't care about foul language in many
contexts, but using this sort of language on the tech writer list is
definitely not appropriate. We shouldn't have to have someone supervising
the list, but at times like these it seems like a good idea.

- Tony G. Rocco

> Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
> ALL questions or problems concerning the list
> should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-

"I Miss Her Sometimes" by Somebody (Revised)