Western World -- Off-Topic, I guess.

Subject: Western World -- Off-Topic, I guess.
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat -at- OPENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:13:33 -0400

Please believe me when I say that I am not trying to be difficult or
in-flame-atory, but the following caught my eye and I want to ask:

Sandra Charker wrote:

> Precisely. On this list, our audience is writers who live, work, and write
> for audiences in most countries in the Western world. We include writers
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How is this interpreted? Does this mean just US and Europe? Or is this
"all countries that use Western artifacts? I have personally come to the
conclusion that the phrase "Western Civilization" should really be
construed to mean the whole world at this point in time.

Please respond to me directly if this topic is way off base for

Sabahat.

--
sabahat -at- openix -dot- com - ashrafs -at- rpi -dot- edu
735 Elm Ave Apt 5B Teaneck NJ 07666-2313

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-