ADMIN: Archives and more

Subject: ADMIN: Archives and more
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 06:29:33 PDT

Gang,
in both searchable and browsable form.
Check out:
http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

Oklahoma State (our host) has upgraded the listserv software
considerably. In the process, they added the searching
features. The archives online go back to April 1995.
If there's an overwhelming clamor, I'll try to put more
out there.

You can either browse through the messages or
search through the whole archive.

The search interface is fairly slow (because of searching
through 18 months of archives at roughly 2 Mb/archive),
so I'd encourage you to constrain your search as much
as possible.

I'm not in any position to make changes to the search
interface or to improve the usability, any more than
most of us on the list can improve the interface of
<name your favorite commercial program here>.

If you try the new features and like them (or,
I suppose, intensely dislike them), please let me
know.

Enjoy!
Eric

BTW, if you just want to download the whole archive
for a week, you can still do that through FTP at
ftp://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com