Performance Reviews

Subject: Performance Reviews
From: "Theresa P. Bui" <info -at- POLYMERTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:36:34 -0700

(...breaking out of her lurker paralysis...)

Hello to all:

I will be approaching my first year-anniversary as a marketing/technical writer. This
is my second job after college, so I have had performance reviews before. I am
wondering, however, if anyone has any specific advice on how I should approach my yearly
review as a writer (or any advice on annual reviews in general). I am officially the
only marketing writer in the company, and there is no pubs department. The review
process in my company seems to be fairly informal. In this case, are there
writing-related topics that I should definitely bring up to discuss? Also, I do expect
to discuss a salary increase at this review, so does anyone have pearls of wisdom to
drop on this issue?

All advice is appreciated. After spending a year in my new career, I still feel like a
giant newbie but am enjoying every minute of it!

Regards,

Theresa P. Bui