Re: Oldest list subscriber? (was: Re: Ending (#914908)

Subject: Re: Oldest list subscriber? (was: Re: Ending (#914908)
From: Bill Burns <wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 11:36:34 MDT

18-SEP-1996 11:22:48.33

Michael Collier writes:

><between *to* and the verb stem and its
><particles is an old convention (far older than the imposition of Latin
><grammar on writing convention--which has only been happening for the
>last
><200 years or so, if memory serves me correctly).

>Doe this make Bill Burns the oldest subscriber to TECHWR-L? Bill, what
>else do you remember about the grammar conventions of 200 years ago?

Doh!

Well, I tell you, modem speeds were d*** slow back then.

I should've written, "if memories *from classes in the
history of the English Language* serve me correctly."

Now, please excuse me while I finish cranking out these
mimeographs.

<Scuttling back to finish conversion to the new database
--an obviously mind-numbing experience>

Bill "The Anachronist" Burns
Assembly Documentation Supervisor
wburns -at- micron -dot- com
This message brought to you by W.A.S.T.E.
and your local potsmaster.