Re: PDF Files Are Not Bitmaps

Subject: Re: PDF Files Are Not Bitmaps
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <gfhayhoe -at- SCESCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:44:51 -0400

when I checked "include fonts" (or whatever that box is called) when I
created the PDF file, it would always be displayed in my selected font.
Please don't tell me this isn't true!>

It is true. I should have indicated an assumption that fonts were not
included in the PDF file in question. (And there are reasons not to do so,
especially if you're making an otherwise large PDF file available for
downloading from the Web, for example, and it includes no exotic fonts or
characters.)

Brad Connatser's post yesterday further clarified my point with another
good example. Thanks, Brad.

--George Hayhoe (gfhayhoe -at- scescape -dot- net)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: 803-642-2156
Fax: 803-642-9325
http://www.scescape.net/~gfhayhoe/index.htm