Career Change to Teaching - Advice?

Subject: Career Change to Teaching - Advice?
From: Rob Miller <Miller_Robert_C -at- 90 -dot- DEERE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 09:57:51 -0500

I'd like to hear from any college profs on this list about career
satisfaction, job market, etc.

I've worked for almost 15 years as a tech writer and I'm considering one
of those mid-life career changes -- not a crisis, though. I've taught a
couple of community college speech courses as an adjunct and I've really
enjoyed the experience. Any advice about PhD, dissertations, getting
hired?

Respond to the list or email me direct. Thanks.

Rob Miller
ou90846 -at- deere -dot- com