Re: Speak up for degrees -- NOT

Subject: Re: Speak up for degrees -- NOT
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:07:00 -0600

> Exactly what does having a degree have to do with being educated?

What does having a license have to do with being able to drive a car?

This has *got* to be the dumbest comeback I've ever seen on this thread!
Unless, of course, you can demonstrate that it's illegal to be educated
without a degree, the snappy comeback, while cute, is completely
irrelevant. You're doing your cause more harm than good with such
knuckleheadedness.

You might not be willing to admit it, but education is not a commodity
offered for sale solely in collections of ivy-covered buildings (though
it's true it can be found there if you look for it). It's available free
everywhere on the planet, if one only decides to pay attention.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224