ISO 9000

Subject: ISO 9000
From: Rob Miller <Miller_Robert_C -at- 90 -dot- DEERE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 19:52:32 -0500

In 1993, the company I worked for embarked on a major software (client
server) development project and the initial documentation like the
project plan was written to ISO standards. This happened because one
person was committed to the idea of meeting the ISO requirements. After
the initial set of documents were prepared and the project was underway,
the documents went on a shelf and are still there, three years later.
IMHO, ISO 9000 seems like a fad, at least here in the US. It is
probably much more important in Europe.