obsession with degrees

Subject: obsession with degrees
From: Troy Janisch <janisch -at- WINGRA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:06:59 -0500

I tend to fall on the side the argument that says experience is more
important than a degree is. However, having at least a b.s. degree gives
you leg up on the competition. My opinion, more clearly stated is this:

Rule #1) Experience is more valuable than a degree.
Rule #2) Experience plus a degree is more valuable experience alone.
Rule #3) If you don't like rule #2, too bad.

At its best, technical writing is a profession, not a job.

@ @