What's The Name of *#*

Subject: What's The Name of *#*
From: Nancy Lynch <lynchmob -at- COMLAND -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:34:24 -0600

HELP, and okay this might be cheating just a bit, but a resource is a resource!

In my Tech Editing class, we've been given the assignment to find out the
correct name for the number sign or the pound sign (#). It's *not* called
the commercial sign anymore, I've been told.

For those of you who like nitpicky challenges, any ideas?

Nancy Lynch
The Lynch Mob
end