Speaking of "#"

Subject: Speaking of "#"
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 13:19:11 -0500

What is the name for the hand-written character which is an abbreviation
for the ampersand ("&") character?

Here's an ASCII approximation:

\ |

If you draw this out by hand you'll see what I'm referring to.

Is this called an ampersand too? Mini-ampersand? Ampersand Light? (or
Ampersand Lite for you marketing folks <g>).

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. ----- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| located in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee, WI

Previous by Author: Re: Use of Periods in Phone Numbers?
Next by Author: Re: Guest chair in the cubicle for tech writers!!
Previous by Thread: Tech Writer Needed in Herndon, VA
Next by Thread: Re: Speaking of "#"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads