Re: Use of Periods in Phone Numbers

Subject: Re: Use of Periods in Phone Numbers
From: "Kim L. Shaw" <103205 -dot- 402 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 16:12:51 EDT

Periods in phone numbers look kinda cool and European, but I'm not sure U.S.
audiences respond so well. In a previous job, my boss (an art director) used
periods in phone numbers on all the corporate communication, and we got
complaints from users who didn't understand the format. FWIW, in this situation

I'd go with a format the audience is familiar with.

Kim Shaw
Words & Graphics Inc.
103205 -dot- 402 -at- compuserve -dot- com