format for pilot users/testers of new apps

Subject: format for pilot users/testers of new apps
From: Joy Zigo <Joy -dot- Zigo -at- HARPERCOLLINS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 18:54:42 -0400

Tech Writers of the World--

I'm suddenly going to be working on some documentation to be
distributed at a demo for pilot users as they begin to test a new
in-house application.

One part of the documentation should be forms, on which the users
could record the results of specific checks that they did with the
application. In case of any problems, such as error messages or the
dreaded freezing of windows, there should be a place where they could
easily record the exact error. When they want to suggest enhancements
that would make the app more friendly or useful, there should be
places to easily record same.

There must be whole chapter in books on this subject, and I'd love to
read them, but in the meantime, must draft something in the next 2
days. Can anyone help? What topics do other people find are essential
to include in such forms?

Thanks for any suggestions!--Joy

Joy Zigo
Curriculum Developer
HarperCollins Publishers
joy -dot- zigo -at- harpercollins -dot- com

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, and not my employer's.