Ah! ha!

Subject: Ah! ha!
From: Penny Pennington <Penny -dot- Pennington -at- QUICKMAIL -dot- LLNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:21:47 -0800

As I was working on a project this afternoon I had a moment of clarity on the
telephone number question . . . hyphens or periods . . .

It may be that what some folks see as "stylish" (the periods) may have
actually come about through desktop publishing . . . it is easier to line up
numbers (and they look neater)using the decimal tab and periods than
attempting to line up hyphens . . .

Just a thought.

p2
pennington2 -at- llnl -dot- gov