Re: Anyone Using Adobe FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: Anyone Using Adobe FrameMaker?
From: Ruth Glaser <ruthg -at- GORETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 11:13:05 -0500

Rikki Mitman wrote:

> Is anyone using the new FrameMaker? And are you happy or disappointed?

Rikki,

We're using the new Framemaker. We migrated to the windows version
from Frame 3 for UNIX. I'm very pleased overall with Frame
functionality, but do miss a few things that seem inherent to the
UNIX version.

- The right mouse button in Frame 5 doesn't have shortcut functionality
like the UNIX version did (and like other windows programs do - cut and
paste, save, etc.)

- In the UNIX version, a Frame feature facilitated screen captures. In
Frame 5 for windows, that feature is not there; we use a 3rd party
product (Snag-it) to capture screens.

- I have not found a way to click onto a graphic and determine the
import file name (something easily done in the UNIX version).

Contact me directly if you have more questions.

Ruth T. Glaser
ruthg -at- goretek -dot- com