Re: Book types most favored

Subject: Re: Book types most favored
From: David Jones <dvjones -at- KSBE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:13:43 +0000

I usually buy the kitchen sink books. I know I'll eventually need
that depth of information, I can usually pick up the operation of a
program quite well from online help and tutorials (my, the first time
I've said anything nice about online help!), and it appeals to the
old programmer part of me that still likes to occasionally fiddle
with things Not Meant For Humans To Know. <G>

On 29 Sep 96 at 8:56, Tim Altom wrote:
> In my case, I usually try to buy a simplified book first, one that's written
> friendly and folksy. That gets me off the ground, after which I usually feel
> the need for a book that has everything in it, just for reference.

> Are others of the same mind, or do you buy one or the other?

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com

DISCLAIMER:
The views described herein are the views of the author, and
do not represent the views or opinions of Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate, nor is there any approval or authorization of
this material, express or implied, by the Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate. If you suspect that any of the material in
this message or attachments thereto is in violation of a
copyright, please notify the Webmaster immediately by e-mail
at "Webmaster -at- ksbe -dot- edu".