TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Job in Silicon Valley From:Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM> Date:Mon, 30 Sep 1996 17:49:29 -0700
I am posting this as a favor to a friend. Please direct your inquiries to
the number below and not to me personally.
Integral Development Corporation, the leading software developer for risk
management of financial derivatives, is seeking qualified individuals to
join our growing team..
Group Leader, Technical Publications
· Define company technical documentation needs;
· Assign tasks and oversee work of technical writing group;
· Work with engineers and others in the company involved in documentation
· Participate in writing process to develop documentation;
· Manage relationships with outside vendors for publication of documentation;
· 3+ years experience as a lead technical writer or manager in the computer
· Experience writing for both users and software developers;
· Experience in use of FrameMaker, MS Word, and MS Windows;
· Knowledge of documentation material, such as paper and inks, and
experience working with print shops and other related vendors;
· Background in finance desirable.
· Gain proficiency in use of company software;
· Work with engineers and others to gather necessary information for
· Develop a variety of technical documents (manuals, tutorials, reference
guides, on-line help, etc.)for both users and developers;
· 1+ years of industry experience developing writing technical documentation
for users and/or software developers;
· A working knowledge of MS Windows and FrameMaker;
· An ability to work both independently and as a team member;
· Knowledge of finance desirable.
If you are interested in being a significant player in our growing company,
please send a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant experience and
interests to recruit -at- integral -dot- com, or fax it to (415) 462-2131, attention
Carla Ison, Human Resources Department.
Successful candidates will be offered industry-level salaries, along with