Entry-Level Tech Writer Salaries

Subject: Entry-Level Tech Writer Salaries
From: Tina Wright <wrightl3 -at- MENTOR -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:53:03 -0500

This salary discussion has me curious. I am graduating in May. I have (or
will have) dual degrees in MIS and Prof Writing and an internship under
my belt. I'm looking at staying in the Chicago area. First of all, do
I have a decent chnace at finding a job? Secondly, what type of salary
could I expect. I keep reading $25,000 everywhere, but the STC survey
quoted around $27,000 - $30,000.Any input?