Re[2]: Word 7: Is it a hog?

Subject: Re[2]: Word 7: Is it a hog?
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:50:42 GMT

Matthew Danda asks:

Ever used WordPad?

WordPad, I think, is one of the finest products to come out of modern Microsoft.

Its simple. Its easy. Its compatible.

Its what Word once was, before it got rich and fat.

<<

Personally, I can't quite see the appeal of WordPad. It has fewer features than
Word, and is vastly slower than Write.

It can't even save in .WRI format, so it is no good for producing readme files
for all windows users.

It may have extra features, but not enough even to be a simple word processor
for most uses.

MS seem to have gone to some trouble to prevent comparisons, as WordPad grabs
calls to write.exe, but I got round the problem by renaming write.exe to
wrote.exe.

Wrote is screamingly fast under windows 95, both when loading and when running.

Iain