What's "Technical"?

Subject: What's "Technical"?
From: Ian White <ian -at- IFWTECH -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 07:23:09 +0100

I support the view that Eric is being over-restrictive about discussions
of grammar and usage. Technical writing is a specialized form of
language and has its own special needs.

We know there are other lists and newsgroups on those subjects. But if
we discussed the same questions in those more general forums, we'd be
swamped by contributions and opinions that are not relevant to technical
writing.

Sorry, Eric, but here IS the right place, and the only available place!
Please relax your rules.

Ian White | IFW Technical Services, Abingdon, England