Re: Up and down thing

Subject: Re: Up and down thing
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 08:50:13 -0700

At 09:11 AM 10/5/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Any ideas about what to call the "logical or" symbol on the keyboard--the
>up-and-down thing that usually resides above the front slash? My audience
>will not understand "logical or" and a casual test of "up-and-down thing"
>resulted in my colleagues pointing to the arrow keys and exclaiming that
>such a term is not worthy of our docs.

Two suggestions: "vertical bar" and "pipe." The latter is a good choice if your audience includes programmers.

kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net

Previous by Author: Re: Re[2]: documentation on the WWW
Next by Author: Re: Leaving Hi 'n Dry?
Previous by Thread: Re: Up and down thing
Next by Thread: Re: Up and down thing

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads