Re: documentation on WWW

Subject: Re: documentation on WWW
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 14:11:19 -0700

I've been on vacation lately, so I missed a lot of the good reasons
given for putting documents on the Web (sorry Arlen).

I did think one reason wasn't stated: Web documents can include
application elements that are not available to PDF or hard copy:
Java applets, search engines, conditional text, variables that
pull information off the Net and so. Web pages are becoming
so firmly entrenched with Web applications that it's difficult
to pull them apart.

Web pages are an interface to both document and application.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus