Re: Another "TWs get no respect" story

Subject: Re: Another "TWs get no respect" story
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 16:39:32 -0500

<snip>

>No kidding! I had a printer situation where the covers were too small
>and the printer, instead of contacting us for instructions, photo-reduced the
>manual to fit the covers. The type size ended up too small (DUH!) and the
>graphics were a complete mess, because the gray-scale masking created big
>blotches. Just about the ugliest manual I ever wrote.

<snip>

>>the printing company messed up and printed our
>>manual covers for an upcoming release

Some pretty good reasons for moving to on-line documents are showing up
in this thread ! ;^)

Mike Wing

_/
_/ Michael Wing
_/ Principal Technical Writer
_/ Infrastructure Technical Information Development
_/ Intergraph Corporation
_/ Huntsville, Alabama
_/ (205) 730-7250
_/ mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com