FW: Everybody's a Reviewer

Subject: FW: Everybody's a Reviewer
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 16:12:17 PDT

Posted anonymously, on request. It's legit. Eric

Before I get totally hysterical, maybe somebody has been in my situation...

I have just finished writing a manual which is quite good. It's been through
three reviews with the SMEs and all their corrections have been entered.
It's also been edited by two technical writers (that's all we have). Now that
I am all ready to go to press, the approval board (my boss) has come up with
a creative idea: The entire R&D and QA staff has to read the entire book.
I have never heard of this kind of procedure before and it sounds to me like
the world's biggest nightmare, but my boss refuses to budge. Can anybody
give me some good arguments why this shouldn't happen. When I noted
that this is an expensive use of the programmers' time, he said, "You just let
me worry about that."

Help...

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com