Personal Standards

Subject: Personal Standards
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:41:00 -0600

Lower your personal standards. I've known two or three people with
high personal standards. They are really nice people, but they don't
relax...they're tense, agitated and they're always working, working
working.

Thanks. I showed this to a couple of cubicle-neighbors and we got a good
laugh out of it. You'd have been laughing too, if you had any idea what I
was like. Since there are probably a few folks listening who'll take you
seriously, I'll just toss in the observation that the traits you're
describing stem from other areas than high personal standards. It's easy to
have high personal standards and not be a workaholic. All you need to do is
mix in a good dose of realism. In the words of Harry Callahan, "A man's got
to know his limitations."

As for the rest of your post: a good sense of humor is invaluable -- don't
lose it.

;{>}

Have fun,
Arlen