Windows help tools

Subject: Windows help tools
From: Bruce WHITE <WHITE -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:36:36 UT

Scott,
>>I am looking for information on help tools that are
>>useable on a Macintosh.

I can't recommend any, sorry.
But there is an alternative...

>>Barring that, which software is multi-platform so that it
>>can be converted from one to the other;

All the "good" WinHelp tools (I use HDK) will, if they don't already, support
output to HTML format. Virtual Media have announced that HDK will have that
ability within the next month.

>>Additionally, I am curious about what other writers think of the various
>>packages that exist and which is preferred for a beginner doing on-line
>>help, but is powerful enough to handle advanced tasks too.

If you are familiar with MSWord already, get one of the tools that run on top
of Word.

You get what you pay for in these tools...

WinHelp IT Editing
white -at- msn -dot- com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/whited