Footers & Revision #'s

Subject: Footers & Revision #'s
From: John Bell <johnb -at- C-STONE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:05:14 -0400

> I'm about to send printed replacement pages. I want unrevised pages to
> indicate Rev. 4.3 in the footer and revised pages to indicate Rev. 4.4.
> Both types of pages may be sent as replacement pages; for example an
> entire 40 page chapter may be sent out even though only pages 1, 3, 5,
> 8, 10-15, 21-31 and 39 have been updated.)

I see no problem with all reprinted pages bearing "Rev 4.4". Aren't the
features contained on those pages part of the Rev 4.4 product? Just
because they haven't been modified for Rev 4.4 doesn't mean they are not
a part of Rev 4.4.

If you really need to indicate what passages have changed, use change bars.

If you truly need to mark the pages according to their revision, use the <$marker1>
variables on your master pages for the revision numbers. In your text, insert a
Type 1 Marker (I think it is called Header/Footer $1) with the desired value. You can
change it page by page if need be.

--- John Bell
johnb -at- c-stone -dot- com